Monday, September 10, 2012

Wine Wedding Part 3: Congrats Sally and Tom and Greg and Emma!

So, bed bugs and bad bartenders notwithstanding, we arrived at the wedding on Sunday evening. It was held at the Ocean Edge Resort in Brewster. The wedding ceremony itself was right on the beach. Patrick had the honor of being an usher. He decided to channel his inner-Usher by inexplicably singing Ne-Yo songs to the wedding guests as he pointed the way.

I cried when Sally came down the steps to the beach. She's a natural beauty, doesn't wear make up really, never dresses up. So, when she walked down the aisle, to see her in her dress with these beautiful blonde curls around her shoulders, she was just so stunning. And the look on Tom's face said it all.

After a beautiful ceremony, we headed down to the reception, where I got to meet up with Andrea and her husband, Erik. I've come to expect oysters whenever Andrea's around, even if she's not the one planning the menu. The Ocean Edge people are just lucky that they delivered me some. After cocktail hour on the patio, we headed inside. Pat and I were lucky to be sitting at the hot guy table...with all of their wives and girlfriends. Sally had told Pat and me that there were 12 Tufts people, and only 10 per table, so she had sat us at what she thought would be the most fun and the most drunk at the wedding. If Pat and I had been sitting at a table for two, we probably would have been the most fun and the most drunk table. But, Sally was right. We did have a great time at our table!

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned before that the reason that Sally and Pat and I became so close is that we all danced with Tufts Dance Collective when we were in college. As a result, Sally's wedding was fortunate enough to experience the easiest and fastest transition between Bride and Groom's first dance and getting people onto the dance floor ever. We were up before the band even got out their first "La".

During a dance break, bridesmaid Tara and I decided to take a walk around the grounds. After talking to some waiters, we heard that there was a gigantic wedding happening in the building next door. So, Tara and I did what anyone would do. We crashed it. Luckily, there was a photobooth set up there. We left "Greg and Emma" a keepsake in their wedding photo album that hopefully they will cherish forever. Their copy doesn't have any pizza sauce on it.



In all seriousness, I couldn't be happier for Sally and Tom. I must admit that it took me a while to get to know Tom, but I fell in love with him that weekend because it's so clear how right he is for Sally. As Pat accurately described, Sally and Tom were on the "verge of tears of joy" for most of the day, which led us to be on the verge of tears of joy for them. We were all really touched by the bride and groom. And then, we were literally touched by the bride and groom. We all received complimentary lap dances on the shuttle ride home.

The whole wedding weekend was so much fun...as evidenced by these before and after pictures...


Before

After


No comments:

Post a Comment