Thursday, September 20, 2012

An Open Letter to Tim Burton

Dear Mr. Burton,

Big fan! Seriously...Nightmare Before Christmas? Beetlejuice? Both classics. I'm writing because I have a great idea for the production of a movie. The problem is...I have no talent or money. You, however, have a lot of talent and money. Plus, I think this is your kind of thing. Now, that you've broken into the musical business (which, let's face it, is hip right now), I think that it would behoove you to direct and produce a remake of Jesus Christ Superstar. You don't really have to do much, except, you know, finance it and direct it. I've casted it for you:

Jesus Christ- Chris Cornell. This man was born to play Jesus Christ. Have you seen him? Look at this:

And have you HEARD him?? He would be amazing in this role. Listen to any album of his, and I'm sure you'll agree. (I recommend Songbook).

Judas Iscariot-Adam Pascal. Again, amazing voice. Born to play this role in a movie that I'm involved in, so that I can creepily follow him around the set and ask him to sing me lullabyes.

Mary Magdalene- Unknown. I have a couple of people in mind for this. I like Thandie Newton's look. I'm not sure if she can sing. We'll have to test her out. I'd like to get Beyonce in, but I think she actually sings too well. I mean, it's not like Mary Magdalene's songs are the vocal equivalent of rocket science.


Pontius Pilate- Adam Levine (tentatively). As you probably know, Adam Levine will be appearing on this season of American Horror Story. We know he has a great voice, and it would be kind of cool to have Pontius Pilate do some falsetto stuff to make it a little different than the original. I may change my mind after I watch him act, however.

King Herod-Johnny Depp. This is a perfect role for your boy. Tim, it's very clear that Johnny is the Portia to your Ellen, and you're in love with the guy. And he likes roles where he can be goofy and weird. So, everyone's a winner here.

Anyway, give me a call and we can set up some meetings and do lunch. Tell Helena that I said hi and that she has great hair.

Very truly yours,

Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment