Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lists...it's what I do.

In thinking of the type of blog that I want this to be and what kind of entries I would like to post, I came to the conclusion that there is going to be no rhyme or reason related to it. It will be completely random, verbally diarrhetic, filterless nonsense. Much different from other blogs. That thought led me to a second conclusion: I'm sarcastic even when talking to myself. And since I was coming up with more conclusions, I came to a third conclusion: sometimes things work better in list form.

For example, right back there...I could have said, "What I want this blog to be: 1.) random nonsense; 2.) sarcastic; 3.) in list form sometimes." So, here's my first list. It seemed appropriate to tell anyone who's reading a little bit about me. And it go a little something like this:

What's my story?

1. I think I'm a great actress and should absolutely be on a sitcom.

2. I auditioned for RENT, but did not land a part--unlike acting, my singing is not so great.

3. Sometimes I annoy myself with my habits such as having to read my book list in order, and always saying "Don't do that in prison." when I drop soap in the shower.

4. I think that if Sam Adams were still alive today, I may want to boink him. But, I'm not sure if I'm confusing him with the model for the Boston Beer Company's Sam Adams logo?

5. I've met a lot of famous people and have had drunken conversations with at least three. Eventually, I will tell the story of how I met and annoyed Dan Aykroyd. I will then follow up with how 1992 Olympic Figure Skating Silver Medalist Paul Wylie bought me a drink on my 21st birthday and proceeded to get really really mad at me. However, my encounter with Stephan Jenkins of Third Eye Blind will remain in the vault.

6. I love having new clothes to wear, but I abhor shopping.

7. Although the craze is more or less over, I aspire to play Guitar Hero at the expert level.

8. I'm completely addicted to Nancy Drew Computer Games and they are the reason that I know Morse Code.

9. In my retirement, I would like to own a bookstore.

10.  For a split second this year, I contemplated not paying taxes.

11. I think I'm addicted to speed dating.

Anyway, that is me in the proverbial nutshell. I think that I will be able to stay consistent with my mission statement and remain random, sarcastic, and sometimes list-forming. I hope you will stick with me and agree.

2 comments:

  1. Um, there's a Nancy Drew Computer Game? Can you please direct to me where this is??!? I am too lazy to Google.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are currently 26 Nancy Drew Games


      And yes, I own them all. I embrace my geekdom.

      Delete